Hello wherever you are in the world! I'm Paige, a 27 year old Graphic Designer. Up until 2020, I was a Flight Attendant from Auckland, NZ traveling the world. I have a passion for design and love to incorporate photography. My favourite cities I have traveled to would have to be Osaka, Japan and Chicago, USA. Both of which I have only been to in the winter - when it was FREEZING! I would say I'm a summer person but after that comment maybe not...!
You will usually find me scrolling the travel pages on Social Media dreaming, brunching, walking the coastline beaches here in NZ or freedom camping in a van at the beach over the summer months. My dream travel destination would be anywhere in Europe during the Summer.
The main thing I have learned while travelling is patience and to be understanding. If something goes wrong usually something better comes with it - everything happens for a reason right?!
Q. What words, sayings, or key phrases do you learn when traveling to a new country - especially if that country speaks a foreign language?
#1 - "Please" and "thank you"! Find out any phrase or gestures that are disrespectful - You don’t want to offend anyone…you will never get help or make friends.
Q. How do you ensure you improve or are sharpening your photographic eye?
- Research! I'm currently taking a Masterclass.
- Gather Inspiration from other creatives.
- Watch and Learn.
Q. Where/How can we find your work(s)?
Q. Please share a photography adventure - big or small.
- Vancouver, Canada: As a solo mission, I trekked up Grouse Mountain in the snow - the most stunning views!
- Nara, Japan: While travelling I had trouble trying to figure out the metro lines in Japan to get photos with the Sacred Wild Deer - the long and the short - they were majestic!
Q. What travel-based tips and tricks would you like to share?
- Get out and explore, even if you are tired. With COVID-19 taking travel away, for who knows how long, makes me regret not exploring more.
- Don’t sweat the small things that go wrong! The things that go wrong can sometimes create the best memories
- Travelling on a plane…take the crew treats, they may return the favour!
Q. In your travels, have you come across a non-profit charity/cause worth highlighting? If so, what was it called? If not, what cause is worthy of support in your opinion?
The non-profit charity that comes to mind is https://www.plastictides.org. They work to educate people about ocean plastic pollution. Otherwise, anything that supports giving back to a community who have helped on our travels or feeding those in need!
Q. What camera gear do you use?
I never leave the house without my trusty iPhone which is always on hand! I also use a Canon 100D. I try to use my GimbleDJI Osmo Mobile 3 Handheld Gimbal whenever possible.